Last week, River Travel Magazine announced the city of Paducah earned fourth place in their "Best Holiday River Town" survey out of 13 other towns with a population of 15,001 to 30,000.
This is the first year the magazine did a ranking for "Best Holiday River Town."
"This top-five finish is a great way to culminate a season of celebration and a year in which Paducah drew positive attention for many great events, experiences and attractions," said Laura Oswald, director of marketing at the Paducah Convention & Visitors Bureau.
No stranger to the magazine Paducah earlier in 2019 was named fifth in the "Best of the River 2019" for the "Walls to Walls Murals" in the category of Best Public Art.
"We are always delighted to see Paducah appear among 'best' destinations as rankings like this have the power to raise the appeal of a place and inspire travelers to visit," Oswald added.
The others that placed in the 15,001 to 30,000 population category were: Muscatine, Iowa; Hannibal, Missouri; Stillwater, Minnesota; and Alton, Illinois.
Muscatine took home the coveted title of "Best Holiday River Town."
This has been a good year for Paducah, Oswald said, as the city has garnered lots of recognition. Here are few of the rankings Paducah received in 2019:
• 8 of the Best Places to Live if You Love Movies, Apartment Therapy.
• The 50 Most Haunted Restaurants in America (Shandies), Food Network.
• 10 Best Small Towns for Culture, USA Today.
• 10 Best Small Towns for Shopping, USA Today.
• 50 of the Most Charming Small Towns in America, Travel Channel.
• Most Budget Friendly Destinations in Each State, TravelPulse.
• The South's Best Wedding Venues by State (The Grand Lodge on Fifth), Southern Living.