Seven local airmen graduated recently from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. They include:
• U.S. Air Force Airman Tiffany Shafer of Cadiz; a 2018 graduate of Trigg County High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Godair Faye, daughter of Faye and Jimmy Godfair of Cadiz; a 2018 graduate of Trigg County High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Krysta Covert, daughter of Rikky Covert of Colorado Springs, Colo., and Liberty Bell of Paducah, and stepdaughter of Kurtis Bell of Paducah; a 2018 graduate of McCracken County High School.
• U.S. Air Force National Guard Airman Mallorie Godair, daughter of Faye and Jimmy Godair of Cadiz; a 2018 graduate of Trigg County High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Joseph D. Garza, son of Shannon M. Garza of Murray, former ward of Renee K. and Richard J. Dillon of Union City, Tenn., and brother of Yolanda M. Garza of Murray.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Joshua Morris, son of Angela and stepson of James Ratta of Calvert, and former ward of Linda Morris of Livingston; a 2017 graduate of Marshall County High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Jace T. York, son of Amy York and brother of Britina Edwards of Clinton and grandson of Sherry Smith of Clinton; a 2017 graduate of Hickman County High School.
The airmen completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training also earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.