The Men’s Health magazine-inspired “Eat This, Not That” franchise of books is the gift that keeps on giving for people who like to eat out but not bulk up. The 2011 edition was recently released. Take our quiz based on the book.
1. When you go to Ben & Jerry’s, the calorie damage is going to be considerable. To mitigate it, which of these three scoops do the authors recommend?
a) Peanut Butter Cup ice cream
b) Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream
c) Coconut Seven Layer Bar ice cream
2. Why do the authors recommend eating Chipotle’s steak burrito bowl rather than the steak salad?
a) The corn salsa on the salad adds too much starch.
b) The rice in the burrito bowl is a complex carbohydrate.
c) The honey vinaigrette dressing on the salad adds 260 calories.
3. If you must eat at Taco Bell, which would be the healthiest choice?
a) Steak Gordita Supreme
b) Chicken Quesadilla
c) Fiesta Taco Salad
4. To those you have a weakness for the orange chicken with steamed rice at Panda Express — chosen as the chain’s worst entree for your waistline — how many calories does it pack on?
5. Not to pick on Chipotle, but what do the authors say is the “most dangerous item on the menu,” weighing in at 610 calories and 27 grams of fat?
a) Crispy Chicken Tacos
b) Fajita Chicken Salad
ANSWERS: 1: b (210 calories for cheesecake; 340 for peanut butter; 276 for Coconut); 2: c; 3: a; 4: a; 5: c.