Mother’s Day is May 13 and it’s time to get going on a gift for that special lady in your life. Pledge to help Mom around the house this holiday with this gift.
8 1/2- by 11-inch sheet of heavyweight paper
Construction paper or card stock
1. Fold in half an 8 1/2- by 11-inch sheet of heavyweight paper so that the shorter ends match up.
2. Cut a flowerpot shape from colored construction paper or card stock and glue it to the lower portion of the card face. Attach only the bottom and side edges and leave the top unglued to form a pocket.
3. Cut out a bunch of colored flowers and thick green stems and then glue the stem tops to the backs of the blossoms.
4. Once the glue dries, print a different chore (such as “fold the laundry” or “walk the dog”) on the back of each stem.
5. Inscribe the inside of the card with the words “Pick a flower and you will see the jobs you’ll pick this week for me” and sign it. All that’s left to do is to “plant” the flowers in the pot and present the card.