JOHN WRIGHT | The Sun
Jack Hutcheson, a third-grade student, hangs from the top of monkey bars Friday afternoon during a recess session at Clark Elementary School in Paducah.
DUSTY LUTHY SHULL | The Sun
Members of the Murray State men's basketball team ham it up for national television cameras after the Racers learned their NCAA tournament pairing Sunday at MSU's Racer Arena. The Racers, a six-seed, will play Colorado State, an 11-seed, at Louisville in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
Get ready for spring cleaning with whimsical dust gloves
What you’ll need:
wooden dowel rod
batting or newspaper
1. Set each work glove on a piece of paper and trace around the four fingers and palm but not the thumb. Cut out the thumbless hand shapes. Then trace around the thumbs and cut out those shapes.
2. Use the paper patterns to cut like shapes out of felt and attach them to the gloves with fabric glue.
3. Now you can embellish the tops of the gloves by gluing on felt “fingernails” and plastic beads (tacky glue works best with plastic items).
4. Once the glue is dry, slide the end of a wooden dowel into one of the gloves until it reaches the tip of the index finger. Then stuff that glove with batting or newspaper.
5. Tightly tie ribbon around the wrist to secure the glove to the dowel, and you’re ready to start dusting.