Figuring out what to bring for a holiday party is always a dilemma. Do you want to break the mold and bring something no one will be adventurous enough to try? Of do you want to bring the stereotypical bottle of wine and a pie? Well, ladies and gentlemen, your problems are solved. This appetizer is one of the quickest and cheapest ways I know to wow the guests at a party. Your talent will be talked about all night, that is when party guests don’t have their mouths full.
1 can of large pitted olives
1 can of medium pitted olives
2 large carrots
1 small container of cream cheese
1. Slice carrots into discs about 1/4 of an inch in thickness. The number of discs depends entirely on the number of penguins you want to make.
2. With a knife, slice out a wedge from each carrot disc.
3. Use the tip of the knife to puncture a hole in the skin of one medium olive. Place thinner side of wedge into olive.
4. Use the knife to cut one large olive open. Stuff the large olive with cream cheese. You can use a knife or a spoon, but I find it works best, because the olive is so fragile, to use your finger. Make sure to wash your hands before and after.
5. Take a toothpick and run it through the medium olive, into the large olive and through the carrot slice, connecting the head, body and feet.