In regard to the letter from Russell and Susan Hobbs in the Feb. 2 Paducah Sun:
1. The Bible and prayer have not been taken from our schools. Every school library has at least one Bible, and prayers can't be a requirement from school officials. Students are permitted to pray whenever they choose.
2. You were "spied" on long before this president took office. President Bush implemented the Patriot Act, not President Obama.
3. Please tell me when the Democrats "tried to vote God out"? And if being gay is a sin, God will take care of it, not me and certainly not you. My God said, "Judge not as ye may be judged also."
4. This president is third in line for the fewest vacation days taken, behind Clinton and Carter. Bush spent over one-third of his two terms away from the White House. And if President Obama's vacations are paid for by you, then you also paid for 77 trips to "the ranch" at a cost of $20 million for Air Force One alone.
5. Maybe the ACA will mean we no longer pay more to cover the medical costs of those with no insurance.
6. This president had more illegal immigrants shipped out of this country than any other president. And he didn't start a wall along the border at a cost of over $5 million, only to have the work stopped.
If you don't like the president, I have no problem with that. If you want to write about things he has done wrong, no problem there either. But, check your facts first. Turn off Fox News and stop reading The Paducah Sun if you want the truth.